“A gutsy convention-defying gender-euphoric one-person show weaving theatre, magical animation, movement, comedy, puppets & multimedia Other-wise is a captivating, thought-provoking and funny one-person show. It is a letter to Sunny’s family come to life on the stage. This morning I lost my homework and the dog ate my gender.
Children, can you say trans-gender? Animated creatures whisk us into worlds of magic as Sunny explores boy tits, being honest with one’s family, transgender history, learning to fly and getting comfortable with contradictions and not knowing. Other-wise combines creative mediums in surprising and original ways: live objects become animation, dance blends into absurd gameshows, heartfelt storytelling bounces off the page, puppets attempt to hijack the show, and just when you think you’re safe: a splash of musical theatre bursts forth! Temporary multimedia projection surfaces morph and spring up suddenly. In moments, performer and animation are immersed in one another.
Warning: you will only understand this show if you are human & born on planet earth. If you’ve ever tried to fit into other people’s expectations or been worried someone wouldnt understand or be proud of you, then this story is also about you.”
- Brisbane Festival’s UNDER THE RADAR (Brisbane, AUS, Sept 09)
- Feast (Adelaide, AUS, Nov 09)
- Midsumma (Melbourne, AUS, Jan 2010)
- Mardi Gras (Sydney, AUS, Mar 2010)
- San Francisco International Arts Festival (USA, May 2010)
- National Queer Arts Festival (SF, USA, May 2010)
- Ida Palooza Festival (Tennesse, USA June 2010)
- NACL Catskills Theatre (New York, USA July 2010)
- Bread & Circus Theatre (Toronto, Canada June 2010)
- Interstice (Montreal, Canada June 2010)
- Collect Pond (New York City, USA July 2010)
- Feast – back for a 2nd time by popular demand! (Adelaide, AUS, Nov 09)